The IA8508A is a fully customizable, quad-core audio processing unit with a DSP Software Development Kit that leverages Knowles Intelligent Audio’s expertise in audio transducers, acoustics, digital signal processing, and algorithm development. The IA8508A has three powerful, uniquely-optimized Tensilica-based, audio-centric DSP cores combined with an ARM Cortex-M4 for maximum design flexibility.
The DSP cores provide low-latency, high-performance, and ultra-low-power algorithm processing, respectively, while the ARM Cortex-M4 functions as a general-purpose controller enabling the IA8508A to operate as a host. Open DSP capability provides a robust platform for 3rd-party solutions. The SDK with Knowles and Xtensa HiFi 3 instruction sets allows for extensive audio capabilities in voice and audio processing, voice user interfaces, ambient sound processing, digital ANC, voice processing and much more.
- 8 PDM microphone interfaces
- Three heterogeneous Tensilica-based, audio-centric DSP cores and an ARM Cortex M4 for maximum design flexibility
- All four cores can simultaneously run high performance floating-point algorithms leveraging the IA8508’s 5.7MB of RAM. The multicore audio processor can be configured advantageously into an ultra-low power system targeting power-conscious designs.
- Low-latency is guaranteed by a single sample processor (SSP) core for real-time processing for audio applications such as ANC (active noise cancellation) or asynchronous sample rate conversions of various audio sources.
- Audio algorithms are optimized with instruction sets that feature high capacity 4-way SIMD floating point processing
- Deep Neural Network (DNN) hardware acceleration is optimized with an instruction set that features high capacity 16-way SIMD for machine learning.