At Knowles, our vision to be the leading global innovator of high performance audio solutions includes a corporate commitment to acting responsibly. We have built our business on the conviction that to have long-term success for our shareholders, we not only have to comply with all applicable legal requirements and ensure that all our activities are sustainable, but additionally we have to create significant value for society. We believe that our focus on environmental and social responsibility, transparency, and engagement guides our decision-making processes and helps keep us accountable. We are committed to, and enjoy, finding ways in which we can prevent negative effects upon the environment and ensure the health, safety and welfare of our employees and stakeholders.
To those ends, it is our policy to:
- Recycle as much waste material as possible.
- Avoid using paper wherever possible. For example, sending documents via email and encouraging user to consider the environment before printing the document.
- Recycle or donate obsolete equipment, such as computers and printers.
- Conserve energy by using low-energy light bulbs throughout facilities and ensure computers are shut down after work.
- Purchase products made with recycled paper, such as paper towels, printer paper, etc.
- Purchase products with a lower environmental impact, such as environmentally safe soaps and detergents.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of video and audio conferencing, telephone, instant messaging and email.